Making a Complaint
At Direct Choice, we strive to ensure that our customers are treated fairly. If you are dissatisfied with a service or product we have provided, we will take your concerns very seriously. It is therefore important to us that our process for handling your concerns is clear and transparent and that you are kept fully aware of how your complaint is progressing.
You can complain to us by letter, e-mail, fax or phone, and we will treat your complaint in the same manner, regardless of how we receive it.
Customer Relations Department,
Direct Choice Insurance Services,
Enbrook Park, Sandgate,
Folkestone, Kent CT20 3SE
01303 757 907
01303 757 939
Once we have received your complaint, we will:
- Acknowledge its receipt within five business days, and give you details of who is handling your complaint, should you wish to contact us regarding its progress. Some complaints can be resolved easily, within a few days, but other are more complicated and require extensive investigation to ensure that whatever we propose is fair and consistent. Your complaint will be handled by an experienced member of staff who has not been previously involved in the subject matter of your complaint, thus ensuring impartiality.
In line with the guidelines set out by the FCA:
- We will strive to resolve your complaint at the earliest possible stage
- You will receive our final response within eight weeks, outlining the investigation we have carried out, and details of how we propose to resolve your complaint.
If while we are dealing with your complaint, you decide you would like to discuss the matter or bring further information to our attention, please contact us. It will help us to know all the relevant facts in order to reach a fair conclusion.
- In the event that you are dissatisfied with our final response we provide, you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- You should always give us the opportunity to resolve any complaint you wish to make about our service before you approach the Ombudsman. The Financial Ombudsman Service will only consider your complaint if you have already given us the opportunity to resolve the matter.
The address for the Financial Ombudsman Service are
1 Harbour Exchange Square
Telephone: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123
Channel Islands Financial Ombudsman (CIFO)
P O Box 114 Jersey
email enquiries: email@example.com
Jersey local phone: 01534 748610
- We will provide you with their leaflet outlining their service upon issuing our final response on the matter
- We would like to reiterate that Direct Choice takes all complaints extremely seriously. We will strive to ensure that they are dealt with in a fair and reasonable manner and that a satisfactory conclusion is reached.